The weather is getting warmer and that means a larger variety of fruits and vegetables are available at local farmer's markets.
WTOP offers a regional roundup of markets in the area, including Old Town's Market Square, open Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon.
Here's the markets the WTOP report listed in Virginia:
- Crystal City, 251 S. 18th and Bell streets — Tuesdays 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 30 to Nov. 26
- Old Town Alexandria, Market Square, 301 King St. — Saturdays 7 a.m. to noon, open year round
- Del Ray, corner of East Oxford and Mount Vernon avenues — Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon, open year round
- Falls Church, city hall parking lot, 300 Park Ave. — Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon
- Leesburg, Virginia Village Shopping Center on Catoctin Circle SE — Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon
Other Alexandria-area markets include:
- Four Mile Run Farmers and Artisans Market, 4109 Mt. Vernon Ave. in Four Mile Run Park, Alexandria — Sundays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April through November.
- Upper King Street Fresh Farmers' Market, 1806 King St., Wednesdays May through October from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. by the King Street Metro
- West End Farmers' Market, 4800 Brenman Park Dr., Sundays, May through November 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.