Here are some of the week's important, interesting and fun stories concerning Alexandria and its people.
From Alexandria Patch sites:
Potomac Yard Metro: Getting Back on Track? — By Drew Hansen
Alexandria officials said this week they hope to determine the location of a Potomac Yard Metro station by the end of 2014.
Members of the city work group charged with analyzing the plan met Monday for the first time in more than six months to discuss the latest developments in efforts to bring an infill station to the yard, including potentially moving CSX tracks to accommodate the project.
The city is looking into pursuing $58 million in regional project funding from the Northern Virginia Transit Authority to assist the project. If secured, it will diversify the project’s funding scheme and reduce the annual debt service.
- Accused Laboy Shooter Ruled Fit to Stand Trial in Alexandria
- Police Investigating Del Ray Post Office Robbery
- Federal Judge Awards Renoir Painting to Baltimore Museum
- Alexandria Police Investigating Duke Street Bank Robbery
- McDonnell Singles Out Alexandria, School Takeover Law in State of the Commonwealth Address
- Alexandria Fire Crews Respond to Linden Street House Fire
- Komoroske to Step Down from Planning Commission
- Metro Seeks Input on Fare Hikes, Rider Priorities
- Police Reports: Thefts, Assaults in Old Town Alexandria
- Police Reports: Robbery, Aggravated Sexual Battery in the Del Ray Area
- Six Alexandria Eateries Crack Washingtonian's Top 100 List
- Dairy Godmother Taking Annual January Break
- Happy Hour Help Coming to Virginia Restaurants
- Alexandria Democratic Committee Elects New Chair
- Alexandria Electoral Board Appoints Leider to General Registrar Post
- Waterfront Hotel Forges Ahead — By Derrick Perkins, Alexandria Times
- Back in Session — By Erich Wagner, Alexandria Times
- The Sweetest Experience — By Erich Wagner, Alexandria Times
- Alexandria's New Book Shelf —By Jeanne Theismann, Alexandria Gazette Packet
- Area School Districts Offer Different Reactions to Cold Weather — By Ovetta Wiggins and T. Rees Shapiro, The Washington Post
- Alexandria Planners Give Green Light To Waterfront Hotel, But Not Without Debate — By Michael Lee Pope, WAMU.org
- Alexandria Mayor Bill Euille Looks Ahead To Legislative Year 2014 — By Carla Branch, AlexandriaNews.Org
- Alexandria’s New Commonwealth’s Attorney Takes Oath Of Office — By Carla Branch, AlexandriaNews.Org
- Building a Better Men's Dress Sock — By Katie Briscoe, DIY Del Ray