Last month, Alexandria Police detectives said Severance, 53, is the primary focus of their investigation into the slayings of realtor Nancy Dunning in 2003, transportation official Ronald Kirby in 2013 and piano teacher Ruthanne Lotado in February.
Severance will now face a circuit court trial on the unrelated gun charges in Loudoun County, according to The Washington Post. The accusations helped in extraditing Severance from West Virginia while the investigation continues into the Alexandria killings.
Police have not released evidence linking Severance to the slayings.
- Police: Charles Severance 'Primary Focus' in 3 Alexandria Killings
- Alexandria Resident Ruthanne Lodato Killed in ShootingThursday
- Shooting Victim Ruthanne Lodato was Mother of 3, Music Teacher
- Ruthanne Lodato Homicide: Alexandria Police Chief, Mayor Attempt to Reassure Community
- Alexandria Police Release Sketch of Suspected Shooter in Lodato Murder
- Police Restrict Access to Streets Around Shooting
- Ruthanne Lodato Funeral: Hundreds Gather to Say Goodbye
- Police to Hold News Conference on Lodato Homicide Investigation
- VIDEO: Alexandria Police Chief Doesn't Rule Out Serial Killer
- What Ties Lodato Homicide to Other Victims?
- Prosecutor: Man Wanted for Questioning in Alexandria Slayings 'A Danger'; 2 Guns Missing
- Public Defender Says Charles Severance Being Held on 'Sham' Charges
- Gov. McAuliffe Signs Extradition Order for 'Person of Interest' in Alexandria Killings
- Prosecutor: Charles Severance Served With Extradition Warrant
- Charles Severance's Attorney Asks to Delay Extradition Hearing to April 24
- FBI, Police Search Water for Evidence in Connection with Three Alexandria Homicides
- Defender Asks for Severance's Release Under Sham Charges
- Charles Severance's Lawyer: Media Coverage 'Prejudicial'
- Loudoun County Judge Sends Severance Gun Charges to Grand Jury