The city is celebrating free play days at the fields at Ben Brenman Park Dec. 4 through Feb. 17.
The Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is again offering “Rock Your Park” by offering free Community Open Play Days and Nights throughout the winter at the soccer field. The city is providing the opportunities for local residents of all ages to exercise, play soccer, lacrosse, touch football, kickball, rugby, frisbee and more.
The dates and times for Ben Brenman Soccer Field, located at 4800 Ben Brenman Drive, are:
- 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- 12 to 5 p.m. Saturday
- 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday
Staff will be on site and has asked participants to follow these guidelines:
- For Alexandria city residents only.
- Show courtesy to all other field users.
- No permits or registration will be required and use will be on a first come, first served basis.
- No uniformed teams or structured games will be allowed.
- Must provide your own equipment/balls.
- Tennis shoes or turf athletic shoes must be worn on the field.
- When more than two pick up teams are playing, a time limit will be enforced.
- No pets, smoking, alcohol, music will be allowed at the fields.
- All trash must be disposed of in the trash containers.
- Youth must be accompanied by a parent or an adult chaperone.
- Please follow all field and park regulations.