The public is invited to the Alexandria Open House Festival on Saturday, May 31 at the Conservatory Center at Four Mile Run Park, 4109 Mount Vernon Ave.
The City is hosting an afternoon of family activities and an opportunity for the public to learn about and share ideas on Open Space in Alexandria, according to a news release from the City.
Activity Schedule for Saturday:
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Public Open House
- Learn about the success of the 2003 Open Space Master Plan, the Eco-City Plan
- Provide ideas and recommendations on the future of Open Space in Alexandria
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Four Mile Run Clean-up
- “Competition” co-sponsored by the Northern Virginia Conservation Trust (NVCT)
- Free viewing of the film Green Fire (Spanish subtitles) – sponsored by NVCT, and free refreshments
For additional information, visit www.alexandriava.gov or contact Laura Durham, Open Space Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 746-5493.
Visitors are encouraged to walk or take DASH or Metro Buses For DASH schedule information, call (703) 370-DASH or visit www.dashbus.com. For Metrobus schedule information, call (202) 637-7000 or visit www.wmata.com. Bicyclists may visit www.alexandriava.gov/localmotion for the City’s Bikeways Map, which features the City's best on street and off-road bikeways, as well as locations of grouped bicycle parking.