Alfred Street Baptist Church
Drag box to select area
The church was founded in 1859 but taken over by Union soldiers in 1861 to be used as a hospital. In the 1870s it changed its name from the First Colored Baptist Church to Alfred Street Baptist Church. It has since grown immensely and was among the first Virginia churches to license women to preach and among the first churches to ordain women as deacons.
301 S Alfred St, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Hours: By appointment
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (varying hours for worship)
- Accessible: yes