Jake's of Old Town
The mantra for Jake's of Old Town is "Life is Good," which is splashed across just about every item available for sale in the small store, from clothing and accessories to coffee mugs and dog leashes. And indeed, things are going swell for the independently owned Good Neighborhood Shoppe, which is not only authorized to carry the Life is Good brand but, as a condition, is committed to spreading optimism and helping local kids in need. If that's not a reason to get in and support Jake's and its efforts to spread goodness throughout Alexandria and beyond, then what is?
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 8pm; Sun, 11am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Shirts, hats, backpacks, T-shirts, socks, scarves, sweatshirts, coffee mugs
- Services: Gift wrapping, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: The people are very nice and engaging.
- Clothing and accessories brands: Life is good, Little Wonders, Good Kids
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: Yes