Murphy's Grand Irish Pub
Murphy's Grand Irish Pub on King St. is known among locals for its active bar and nightly live Irish music. It also offers a varied food menu, including snacks, hearty sandwiches, burgers, soups, salads and other dishes. There are Irish specialties here, as well, such as meat and potato pie, corned beef, and fish & chips. In addition to a variety of standard bar drinks, there is an array of Irish, local, and micro-brewery beers.
There is a smoking bar upstairs here, a room for private parties, and on game nights, Murphy's is Alexandria's New England Patriots hang out. The place is also offers Sunday brunch, and nightly specials, such as half-price burgers on Tuesday nights; wings for a quarter each on Wednesday evenings, as well as steak specials on Thursday nights.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 1am;SU Fri, Sat, 11am - 1:30am; Sun 10am - 1am
- Founding Date: 1979
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Irish stew, corned beef, reuben sandwiches, steak, clams, oysters, shrimp scampi, pasta, crab cakes, smoked salmon, spinach dip, chicken tenders
- General services: Take-out
- Menu link: web.murphyspub.com/menu
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Cuisine: Bar Food, Irish
- Price level: $$
- Features: Brunch, Dancing, Dinner, Fireplace, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night