Old Presbyterian Meeting House
Drag box to select area
This church is called a "meeting house" because it was founded during America's colonial period when in Virginia the Church of England was the official church. The church was originally built in 1772, but had to be rebuilt in 1835 after a fire burned the original structure. George Washington's memorial services were held at this church. Today, Old Presbyterian Meeting House has a very active congregation and engages in missionary work in countries such as Haiti and Mexico.
323 S Fairfax St, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Fax: 630-761-8299
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 3pm; Sat - Sun, closed.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm, with varying hours for worship
- Accessible: yes