Although small in size, Rubini Jewelers overflows with unique jewelry items, many of which are designed and made by founder Jaime Rubini right on the premises. Rubini's has been in Old Town since it opened in 1975; it moved to its current location in 1984. Daughter Joanna Rubini, who now manages the family business, grew up above the shop.
The store's eclectic collection of antique and specialty design jewelry includes everything from gold earrings and gemstone necklaces to a collection of crosses, toe rings and ear-studs. Display cases are organized by color -- rubies and garnets sparkle in one case; sapphires, turquoise and topaz shine in the next.
Rubini's also features a full line of rowing-themed jewelry, such as rings, necklaces, money clips, tie tacks and earrings, as well as neckties and boxers with kayaks and oars (Jaime came to the U.S. from Peru as a rower). You might even by greeted at the door by mascot Remo, whose name is Spanish for "I row."
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 6pm; Sat, 10am - 3 pm; and by appointment
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1975
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Antique jewelry, custom-designed jewelry, gold, silver and gemstones, rowing and running items, laser engraving
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 0
- Tailoring: No
- Vintage: Yes