The beautifully restored 1890 townhouse just across from Old Town's famed Christ Chapel serves as a perfect backdrop for the furniture, decorative art, and lighting collections of Spurgeon-Lewis Antiques. Specializing in 18th and 19th century antiques, the owners also consult on the development and placement of antique collections, either locally or based on customer photos and floorplans, and can work with a range of budgets by providing pieces from museum-quality to custom reproduction.
An outstanding feature of the shop is the exceptional display of period and unique lighting fixtures making the entire shop sparkle. Antique and custom-designed reproduction fixtures are 17th - 20th century styles: crystal, brass, bronze, bell jar, tole, column, wall-mounted and cascade. The owners also collect specialty items such as period china, quilts, linens, and dolls.
Residential and real estate staging is offered as well as guidance on the proper care of the pieces the stores sells. Layaway, phone or online shopping is available.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 5pm; Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, closed
- Founding Date: Old Town showroom opened in 1997, Spurgeon-Lewis founded in 1991.
- Payments accepted: American Express, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Antiques, lighting, decorative accessories, artwork, and fine craft works. Shipping and delivery. Consultation.
- Services: Delivery, Financing, Shipping
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Antiques specialties: 18th and 19th century furniture, neo-classical, lighting, period artwork and decorative accessories.