Ten Thousand Villages sells an eclectic mix of hand-crafted gift items from all over the world. The nonprofit store, which prides itself on "60 years of trading fairly," works with artisans in developing countries and ensures they are paid fair and equal wages. Things you can find at the shop include bowls, glassware, lamps, mirrors, hand-made jewelry, and other knick-knacks. Ten Thousand Villages has international flare and a mission to promote fair trade -- making it a must-see stop in Old Town.
- Fax: 703-684-1436
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 7pm; Thu - Sat, 10am - 9pm; Sun, 12pm - 6pm
- Founding Date: 1994
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: handmade and fairly traded gifts, personal accessories, and home decor from around the world.
- Services: Gift certificates
- Return policy: 60 days with receipt
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes