Here is our weekly round-up of events and deals in and around town:
- What’s the deal? 25% Off All Things Elephant
- When: Thursday, August 25
- Where: Ten Thousand Villages, 915 King Street, Alexandria
- Cost: Varies
- Details: Enjoy a celebration of all things elephant! Read fun facts about elephants while nibbling elephant-themed snacks. All elephant items will be 25% off and 15% of the day's sales will be donated to the International Elephant Foundation, which works to protect elephants and their dwindling habitats in Africa and Asia.
- What's the deal? Famly Fun Game Night
- When: Friday, August 26, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Where: Hooray for Books, 1555 King Street, Alexandria
- Cost: Free!
- Details: Enjoy a sampling of games and other activities that teach children problem-solving strategies while having a barrel of fun. Ages 4 and up. Call at 703-548-4092 or e-mail if you plan to attend.
- What's the deal? Kids Free at Newseum
- When: Now through September 5, 2011
- Where: Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC
- Cost: Free!
- Details: Up to 10 kids (18 and under) free with one paid adult admission or Newseum membership card. Ticket good for two consecutive days. Good through Sept. 5.
- What’s the deal? $3 Salads at HomeMade Pizza Company
- When: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Aug. 31
- Where: HomeMade Pizza Co., 2413 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Alexandria
- Details: $3 for small salad; $6 for large salad
- What’s the deal? $5 Foot-Long Buffalo Chicken Sub at Subway
- When: Featured through August
- Where: Everywhere. See locations in Old Town and Del Ray
- Cost: $5 each
- Details: Get sandwich specifics and location information
Know of a good deal? Tell us about it!
If you’re a business or organization that offers great deals for families, tell us about it so we can help spread the word. Contact us at email@example.com or submit deals, discounts and offers here.