Here is our weekly round-up of great deals in and around town:
- What’s the deal? Family Tour Day at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum
On the day before our nation's birthday, let your children explore what life was like in the new federal city in the early years of our new country. Junior Docents, volunteers from grades 3 through 7, will be stationed at each stop on the tour, including the taproom, bedchambers, ballroom, assembly room and dining room. Let your children learn about history – and the place where George Washington dined and danced – from other kids!
- When: Sunday, July 3, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., tour at your own pace
- Where: Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, 134 North Royal Street, Alexandria
- Cost: $5 for adults and $3 for children, ages 5 to 12
- Details: www.gadsbystavern.org or call 703-746-4242
SUMMER CAMPS and YOUTH PROGRAMS
- What’s the deal? Summer Camps and Youth Sports Leagues through the City of Alexandria.
Offerings include tennis, basketball, baseball, dancing, cheering, nature, music and more!
- When: Dates vary by program. See website for details.
- Where: Various locations throughout city
- Cost: Vary by program.
- Details: Numerous summer programs available for kids of all ages, including teens. Some start this week. Check the city of Alexandria’s Recreation Department website for details, including the Summer of Smiles (pdf) program guide.
- What’s the deal? King Street Trolley
- Where: Along the King Street corridor between the King Street Metro and the Potomac River waterfront
- When: Between 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. | Runs every 20 minutes making 10 stops each way
- Cost: Free!
- Details: King Street Trolley
- What’s the deal? Dinner for Two $29
- When: Recurring on Monday nights
- Where: RT’s Restaurant, 3804 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria
- Cost: $29, includes two entrees and a bottle of wine
- Details: RT's Restaurant